- Ruby/ Manik (Sun): This is normally red in colour. A hot stone and can be used for the development of soul force, to be used in summer months. It cures peptic ulcer, fever, rheumatism, gout etc. Its constant use may cause’ boils, itch and insomnia The use of Ruby should be avoided by ladies as it destroys the body lustre. To be used in gold in third or ring finger of right hand on Sunday. Manik should be of about 3 or 5 grams in weight.
- Pearl/ Moti (Moon): This is normally shiny white in colour. Pearl or Moti is used to remove the evil effects of Moon and it strengthens the mind force, increases good sleep and cures insomnia. It also gives good memory, cures uterine disorders, heart and eye troubles, also T.B., constipation, hysteria, pleurisy, etc. Pearl is very useful for ladies as it increases their beauty and facial lustre and will keep them ever young. Controls the rash temperament as it is a cold gem. It increases sexual strength and makes the conjugal life happy. Removes melancholy and increases fortune. Will protect from harm from others, inspires love and faithfulness and overall ensures a happy married life. It should be worn on 4th finger of right hand on Monday with silver. Weight should he 2, 4, 6, 9 grams. Being a cold stone it should be worn during bright nights.
- Coral/ Povale/ Praval (Mars): This is normally red in colour. Coral ensures material happiness, recovery from diseases indicated by Mars such as fever, cough, bilious complaints, smallpox, chickenpox, headache, loss of vitality, piles, boils, measles, etc. In Hindi, the gem is called Moonga. It should be worn in silver or copper and he of 9, 11, 12 grams on Tuesday on 1st or 4th finger of right hand. It is a hot stone.
- Emerald/ Pachu (Mercury): This is normally petal green or dark green in colour. Emerald or Panna is a hot gem. It increases intelligence and brain power, removes and cures fickle-mindedness, loss of memory, stammering, fear from souls and spirits, cools the harsh speech but reduces passions and sexual desires. Newly married couples should not use it as it impairs conjugal happiness due to reduction in sexual desires. It is also useful for curing diarrhoea, dysentery, gastritis, peptic ulcer, asthma, insomnia, heart troubles, etc. It should be used in gold of 3, 5, 7 or 10 grams on 4th finger of right hand on Wednesday.
- Topaz/Pushkaraj (Jupiter): This is normally faint yellow in colour. Topaz or Pushkaraj is a cold gem. It increases the power of penetrating vision, increases wealth, unlimited prosperity, life security, protects ones from poverty, removes adversity, misfortune and melancholy. Topaz cures diarrhoea, gastritis, ulcer, rheumatism, jaundice, insomnia, heart troubles, impotency, gout, arthritis, pain in knee joints, etc. Topaz should be worn in gold, on 1st finger of right hand on Thursday. The weight should be of 7 or 13 grams.
- Diamond/ Heera (Venus): Diamond or Heera is a hot gem. It creates goodness and removes evil and fearful thoughts in native. It improves financial conditions and blesses the native with comforts and peace of mind. Also cures diabetes, diseases of urine, of private parts, syphilis, skin and uterine diseases. It should he worn on 1st finger of right hand on Friday in gold or platinum. The weight should be 1/4 or 1/2 gram.
- Blue Sapphire/ Neelmani (Saturn): This is normally faint or dark blue in colour. Sapphire or Neelmani is a very cold gem. They are yellow or blue in colour. Removes evil effects of Saturn. It should be tested before use. It brings wealth, name and fame. Also gives good stamina, longevity and security in life. Can improve fertility in a barren woman. Best suited for joy, love and happiness. It cures fainting, fits, virility, mental disorder, deafness and baldness. It should be used on 2nd finger of right hand in gold or panch dhatu on Saturday and the weight is 5 or 7 grams.
- Hassonite/ Gomed (Rahu): This is normally reddish-chocolate in colour. Hassonite is the English name for Gomed which is cold in nature. It cures diseases caused by Rahu and Saturn. It also increases appetite, vitality, confers good health, wealth and happiness and all round prosperity. It should be used in silver on Saturday on 2nd finger of right hand. The weight should be 6, 11, 13 grams.
- Cat’s Eye/ Vaidurya/ Lasanya (Ketu): This is normally milky in colour. Cat’s Eye or Lasanya is too hot in nature. Useful for eradicating evil influences of Ketu and diseases caused by Mars. Prevents unexpected mishaps of life, cures mania, paralysis etc. Saves from accidents and secret enemies. For businessmen, it is a miraculous result-giver stone. Bestows wealth by secret means like horse racing, gambling, stock and exchange market and speculations. It should he worn in gold on 2nd finger or 3rd finger of right hand. The weight should be 3, 5 or 7 grams.